My Favorite Program-Do it with me!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl--it's what's for dinner today!

So I tried a new recipe today and it was pretty good too.  I found the original recipe here.  I just made a few small changes to make it a tad bit healthier.   I have been really behind on containers today so I also had a piece of fish with my dinner--believe me--it was not needed--I am FULL!


The really great thing about this recipe is that is was easy and fast.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 pound chicken sausage patties
  • 6 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage (pre-packaged!)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  I started with some chicken sausage patties--hot ones because that is just how I roll!  Cooked them in a pan on medium heat and crumbled them into small pieces.



Then I added the soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic and ginger.


 After mixing those ingredients in with the sausage you can add your bag of cole slaw mix.

 

Cook for 3 or 4 minutes and until the cabbage is slightly soft--then right before finishing, I added the green onion.


Pretty simple, fast and easy.  I used my green containers to measure and counted 1 1/2 containers as one red and 1 green!  Let me know if you try it and what you think!  Thanks to Buns in My Oven for the original post.  


Your Beachbody Coach
Mary Jo Price-Williams

“It’s not about having time, it’s about making time.”- Anonymous

“The only bad workout is the one you didn’t do.”- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment