My Favorite Program-Do it with me!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Another meal to try! Mexican Chicken

Ok, hard to believe but I have another new recipe I am trying out today!  This one seems so easy I am a bit worried about how it will turn out.  I am actually making two different versions of it just because I have to have variety, lol.  That really is an issue when you are trying to cook healthy and eat healthy all day every day.  Most of my friends meal prep--but that generally leaves you to eat the same thing over and over and I am not a HUGE fan of that--unless of course it is tacos!  I am going to start finding some meal planning ideas that are not too boring to share soon but for now here are two versions of chicken cooked in parchment paper in the oven!  

I started with a piece of parchment paper and put some sliced green pepper and onion on it--drizzled a little olive oil on them along with some salt and pepper....



Next, I topped the peppers and onions with a chicken breast with garlic powder, chili powder and cumin sprinkled on them.



Now add a few tablespoons of salsa on top of the chicken breast...


Top with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese....


Close up the parchment paper into little packets and put on a baking sheet.  Bake for 35 minutes at 400.


I did two like this and the other two were layered like this
  • parchment paper
  • sliced potatoes drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper
  • chicken breast on top of potatoes 
  • top chicken breast with barbeque sauce
  • add sliced onion over top of barbeque sauce and wrap into packets as above.  
  • Bake for 35 minutes at 400


I was so happy with the results when I took them out--no mess and perfectly cooked!  And everyone enjoyed them...My son had the barbeque one....

And we had the Mexican one....


It really was amazing--super easy and healthy!  Win Win in my book.  


Two days in a row with new recipes--both turned out really good and both were super easy and healthy!  Nice!  The original recipe and video with more variations can be found HERE.  

Hope you enjoyed today's meal--I know we did.  See you soon!


Your Beachbody Coach
Mary Jo Price-Williams

“It’s not about having time, it’s about making time.”- Anonymous

“The only bad workout is the one you didn’t do.”- Anonymous




No comments:

Post a Comment